A couple of things to remember:
1. Coming from the FabricArchitect, you know I’m going to say shade! You need it for sun protection if you have a patio, deck or balcony and if you own a restaurant, you need it for sun and rain protection and it promotes your place too.
2. A patio creates a great dining experience. It says to people walking and driving down the street that this is place that’s alive.
3. Having a patio unfurnished tells robbers that your house may not be occupied. Empty seats out front of a restaurant can tell people that the food is no good or unpopular.
4. If you need a permit, go get one ASAP. In some cities, it takes a long time and everyone is going to try to do it at the same time. Beat the rush.
5. Besides a shade structure, table and chairs, check your outlets and accessories like your grill, mini frig and storage.
Enjoy the rest of the winter.
Here comes the sun.