I’ve been checking out the latest Architecture and Construction magazines and reading all the Google Alerts pertaining to buildings and spaces and I am wondering what the next big thing is in our industry.
The Star Architects are doing pretty much the same thing while many Architects out there are pushing the envelope with “net zero” and “sustainable” concepts.
Special Event structures for the World’s Fair, Olympics and Sports Championships are all watching the bottom line while the unstable world economy is keeping every developer from really making some noise.
So what do you think will be the next BIG thing?
Here are my top five big things:
1. Someone unveils a way to reduce or eliminate the mobile phone bill.
2. Someone unveils a way to reduce or eliminate their utility bill.
Plug and play Net Zero.
3. Someone unveils a way to reduce or eliminate their gas bill.
No car, no problem. Yes car, no problem.
4. Someone unveils a new business or industry based on a new use or need for Architectural Fabrics.
DIY Fabric Structures.
5. Someone unveils a new fabric or film which takes over the the construction industry.
Bubble Structures. Create, Use, Pop.
What’s your idea?